PTA latest indicators report shows approx. 0.4% decrease in cellular subscribers at the end of June-16 that is a first time decline in 3G subscribers for the telecom sector. As always, Mobilink remains at the top among all the other operators but at the end of June-16, Mobilink and Ufone lost their 3G users while Telenor remains at its best with Zong in 3G services.
- The annual telecom subscribers decreases to 133.24 Million in June-16 due the decrease in 3G subscribers. The decrease rate between the two months is 0.4%.
- The number of 3G/4G mobile users reached 29 Million.
Here is the graphical representation of total number of subscribers and the decrease in the month of June-16.
Here is the chart of four (4) Pakistani 3G UMTS Operators.
Operator’s Stats and Market Shares:
According to PTA’s statistics, here are the details for 4 Pakistani 3G operators namely Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink,Warid and Zong by June-2016.
- Mobilink: With 38.9 million at the end of May-16 and after decrease in its 3G subscribers Mobilink still surpassed by 0.3% and reached at 39.1 million at the end of June-16.
- Telenor: With 37.9 million at the end of May-16 Telenor surpassed by 0.2 % and reached at 38.0 million at the end of June-16.
- Zong: With 24.6 million at the end of May-16, Zong increased by by 1.9 % and reached at 25.1 million at the end of June-16.
- Ufone: With 20.3 million at the end of May-16, Ufone decreased by 0.2 % and reached at 19.8 million at the end of June-16.