Through Tanzanite Tower Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Edotco Pakistan Private Limited entered into an agreement with PMCL to acquire its tower subsidiary
According to the latest indicators of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, total number of cellular subscribers reached 133 million. While 3G/4G subscribers strength reached 32 million at the end of July-16. Latest report shows addition of 2.2 million 3G/4G subscribers in the total strength which indicates 8% growth of 3G/4G users in the reported month.
According to PTA, Mobilink alone added 1.2 million new 3G users on its network while Zong added another half million 3G users during the month. So the total number of 3G users by the end of July 2016 raised 30.62 million while 4G users reached 1.16 million by the time.
- The annual telecom subscribers increases to 133.3 Million in July-16.
- The number of 3G/4G mobile users reached 32 Million.
Here is the graphical representation of total number of subscribers for the month of July-16.
Here is the chart of four (4) Pakistani 3G UMTS Operators.
Operator’s Stats and Market Shares:
According to PTA’s statistics, here are the details for 4 Pakistani 3G operators namely Telenor, Ufone, Mobilink,Warid and Zong by July-2016.
- Mobilink: With 39 million at the end of July-16, Mobilink has 34% of its market share.
- Telenor: With 38 million at the end of July-16, Telenor has 28% of its market share.
- Zong: With 25 million at the end of July-16, Zong has 21% of its market share.
- Ufone: With 20.3 million at the end of July-16, Ufone has 17% of its market share.
Please keep visiting our website for updates on technology news.