Alfa and Touch Sign up 2.35m Mobile Data Users

New figures have been released by Lebanon’s two state-owned mobile network operators Alfa and Touch, stating that Touch (managed by Zain Group) had 1.3 million subscriptions to its mobile data services at the end of June 2014, equivalent to around 62% of its total mobile subscribers, while Egyptian-managed Alfa had 1.05 million data service subscribers at the same date (around 55% of its total base). Touch currently has around 2.1 million total mobile customers, or about 53% of the market, while Alfa serves the other roughly 47% portion of the market with about 1.9 million subscribers.

Newsletter sign up